November 29, 2023
December 10, 2023
This role involves overseeing the performance and operations of the Quality Control department to ensure that all its functions/sections are well equipped and trained to achieve quality excellence. The primary focus is on achieving organizations’ quality objectives and to meet customer quality expectations successfully. The position requires a comprehensive approach to maintain high level of product quality throughout all manufacturing processes (Cutting, Embellishment, Sewing, and Finishing/Packing).
1. Guidance and Direction for Implementation of all Quality standards and Company Quality Policies, Procedures & MCPs
- Being the section in charge and Leader for Quality Control Department within the organization.
- To ensure preparation & execution of section & process specific MCPs by all group leaders for process & product specific requirements
- To ensure the provision of appropriate guidance, direction and infrastructure for implementing quality policies, procedures & MCPs of the organization by different sections of the department and organization;
- To ensure the integration of national, international and customer working benchmarks and standards within all working protocols and SOPs by keeping the latest trends and good practices of industry for fulfilling all applicable requirements and customer satisfaction.
2. Quality Control Operations Management
- Ensuring conduction of required trainings by relevant GLs, ensuring availability of appropriate resources for conduction of all work relevant activities, coordinates for preparation of all shipment and technical audits conduction with internal or external customers, resolves critical issues during or after the audit process by ensuring appropriate actions / CAPAs and making sure availability of required information and data.
- Providing technical inputs / decision making for quality relevant issues.
- QC Representation during customer visits and audits.
- Ensuring overall discipline and proper working environment within the department for working of all employees.
- Ensuring efficient and effective operation of QC.
3. Processes & Section Wise Product Quality Control
- Monitors all operations of team while guiding and directing the team wherever needed.
- Ensuring conduction of Pre production meetings to ensure production go ahead after successful implementation of process & customer requirements
- Supervises Trial Run, Quality Control (throughout all sections of production i.e. knitting, dyeing, overall fabrication, printing, embroidery, cutting and sewing), Vendor Quality and Accessory Inspection,
- Analyzes daily, weekly and monthly quality index to identify problem areas;
- Seeks feedback from subordinates to formulate preventive measures.
- Prepares quality control measures based on customer requirements.
- Shares the prepared quality control measures with every department.
- Manages the implementation of quality standards at all sections.
- Monitors instances of non-conformities being faced in quality control techniques.
- Coordinates with production department to discuss quality concerns.
- Investigate reasons behind the concerns raised and provides guidance to resolve those concerns in a timely manner.
- Identifies key problem areas being faced in quality repetitively.
- Provides efficient solutions to prevent those issues from rising in future & ensures working and mechanism being followed by a key section in charge for controlling recurring problems by taking effective measures / CAPAs / PDCAs;
4. Ongoing Quality performance/indicators and Participation in Quality Meetings
- Internal and external communication and coordination regarding matters of concern,
- Reporting top management about the ongoing quality performance, data and indicators, working out solutions for any weak areas and aspiring for best results regarding the quality of product and system
- By keeping Kaizan and Lean principles in practice while preaching for the same within teams.
- Ensuring participation in weekly quality, pp / RAM meetings
- Representation of the organization in customer quality performance reviews and meetings while having up to date performance data and results for references
- Sharing of any required data and information with customers regarding Quality KPIs
5. Customer / Client Satisfaction
- Coordinates with PD to understand customer requirements for product development
- Ensuring implementation & management of processes to ensure that the product that meets customer and manufacturing requirement matrix
- Supports & ensuring participation in Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) techniques
- Analyzes suppliers as per IL standards of AHP as per quality standards
- Develop strategic supplier partners with coordination of the sourcing team by sharing supplier data with sourcing teams for efficient feedback
- Develops internal supplier & customer relationships with coordination of all section head to make sure control of quality as per customer specifications at the execution point
- Analyzes cost of quality to be maintained for quality control
6. Problem Solving
- Ensuring problem solving, corrective & preventive actions and effective PDCAs by the relevant group leaders for the problems relevant to product or process quality, communication with internal and external stake holders i.e. suppliers and customers on any quality issues, customer complaints or audit failures for the elimination of root cause after ensuring proper investigations and appropriate actions to ensure no recurrence.
- Directing the ways of making the actions taken for improved results as part of standardization and working procedures.
- Communication with internal stakeholders / teams regarding PDCAs and relevant actions.
7. People Management & EHS Compliance)
- Understands, comprehends and translates Company Vision, Mission and Core Values and guides the subordinates to align their efforts with it
- Ensures trainings and capacity development of the team by keeping in view the updated requirements of customers and by evaluating the weak areas of team to ensure ongoing competencies,
- Promotes and ensures promulgation of Equality and Diversity policy
- Support & collaborate with the HRBP in all HR/ SHR related aspects mainly hiring (RCDs, HRFs etc.) diversity, employee engagement reward & recognition performance management training & development and other development processes & initiatives of the employees
- Maintain professional decorum in the department by upholding Uniform behaviors by being the role model
- Works with HRBP to identify critical positions & ensures implementation of succession plan
- Inculcate the spirit of accountability in the team members and develop sensitivity towards declining unnecessary favors acceptance from any stakeholder (internal or external) to avoid any influence on the business processes & decisions
- Enable team members to enhance performance by strictly adhering to training plans and frequent performance dialogue
- Set standards and controls to ensure the integrity of overall department staff in all dealings
- Devise & prioritize department specific goals, keep a stringent follow-up and evaluate the achievement level
- Identifies training and development requirements of the team in their current roles and complete implementation of IDPs
- Ensure team is trained on and adhere to EHS SOPs to avoid injuries and accidents at work place
- Supervise the department's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets
Production Quality Monitoring,Interpersonal Leadership,Problem Solving